Giraffes

Hello! My name is Gina the Giraffe!                                              

And I want to tell you a little bit about me and my family. Well I started from a calf (baby) and and now I am an adult (which is 3 to 5 years old.)  So soon I will be a senior. I have medium color spots, which means I am an adult. If I have dark spots then that means I am senior, or if  I have light spots then I am a calf.

giraffes2_061505 `

I live in the Savanna in Africa. The savanna sometimes is a peaceful place. Some animals that live in the Savanna are: Cheetahs, Badgers, Scorpions, me and many others. There are some plants in the Savanna like wheat, elephant grass, lemon grass, and umbrella trees. 

Savanna

My predators are lions, leopards, crocodiles, and hyenas.  I am a herbivore so I eat leaves. Just telling you they are tasty.  Did you know that giraffes can kill lions? How? Well we have hooves that are really strong, so it can kill a lion.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Did you know that my tongue is 21 feet long? When ever a human comes to take a picture I lick the camera. My parents tell me not to. I have a picture of my friend licking the camera. It’s so funny! Here is the picture.

silly giraffe